Friday, January 11, 2008

Everyone is so nice here at Hogwarts. Well there are still a few Slytherins that are kind of obnoxious but that's to be expected, of course. I received a note from Petunia the other day. She told me she would help me with anything I needed. She is a 2nd year student so she has a whole year at Hogwarts under her belt. I heard that the owls should be coming for my swap partner for my extracurricular knitting kit. I hope she comes soon. I am getting impatient, very unlike me. I must be excited. I think I will study my defense against the dark arts text book while I wait to tide me over.

I had one exciting lesson yesterday. I tired out the Orchideous spell. Penelope was teaching some of us 1st year Hufflepuffs. I can't quit get the spell down though. I don't get flowers I keep getting mushrooms that have this awful smell. Now my wand stinks of it. Not sure what I did and the others have assured me the smell with dissipate with time. I sure hope so. I had to stick my wand in its box and that in 3 plastic bags to cut down on the smell in my room.



I love you, Mum... don't worry about me. I am doing smashing!

Henrietta

1 comment:

Antonio dela Weasley said...

Hi Henrietta,

Just got in last night and wanted to meet all of my fellow badgers. I love your stripped knee-socks, they are stripped like the arm and leg warmers I have on. We should get a group of Puffs together to knit in the common room sometime!

Toni